5/7/11

So I'm A Mom

First off, Lemme say this:
O.O Holyshit.

Secondly, I'm NOT going to explain what happened with the adoption. Not right now, anyways, maybe not ever.

Thirdly, HOLYSHIT I'M A MOM.

<--- THIS is my son, Aiden Eramiyah Driscoll. Ain't he a little cutie?!?!? (Agree with me or I'll hunt you down.)

Today, he's 27 days old. He weighs ~10lbs, and is 21" long. (I say ~10, because that's what he weighed a couple days ago when the nurse came to visit.)

Aiden is currently laying on my chest, trying to sleep there because I can't get him to sleep in his swing, bouncer, or bassinet half the time. But when he's with me, I almost can't keep him awake. Unless it's 1 a.m. AKA playtime.

Aiden was born on April 11, at 7:06 pm. He weighed 7lbs 14.6 oz, and was 19" long. I was in labor for 11 hours, but I slept through most of it with the help of an AMAZING anesthesiologist. I couldn't move my right leg, feel any contractions, and they had to wake me up to start pushing.  Really, I'm not kidding.

Aiden is AMAZING. He doesn't cry much (mostly when he's farting), he sleeps a lot, and isn't an urper. He's been able to hold his head up since a couple days after his birthday, and I'm almost positive that if he could get some traction on his playmat, he'd be crawling around the house in a matter of days. He's talking to himself and his toys (cooing if I have to be specific), and smiling and laughing. It's amazing, to be a mom.

It breaks my heart when he screams. 'Nuff said.

Xander likes him, which is kinda a surprise, since he seems to have an issue with males. He keeps trying to give Aiden his toys to throw, or watching him when we're holding him. We think he's waiting for Aiden to get big enough to play with, and is just growing impatient. But as Grannie keeps reminding him, soon Aiden is going to be big enough to start pulling on ears and tail, and Xander won't like that much.

Sam is kinda pissed, because whenever he jumps up into our laps, Oops! There's a baby!

Aiden's in his rocker and starting to get hungry, so I guess I'd better go. TTYL! :D

No comments: